Sunday, September 25, 2005

My experience / first impression about SFA

I got an opportunity to interact with the SFA association active here. We are going to have a Dandiya night on Oct 22nd, hence all spouses met at SV 2, common room to start preparation for the same. I spoke to R (A’s wife) and me, herself, A and P all went together to SV-2. There were a lot of people present there, but to my disappointment I didn’t know anyone. I felt really bad. People knew each other already, but me knew very very few ones. I kept on introducing myself to whomsoever I could. P also introduced me to quite a few people. I felt as if, why the hell did I join late. And if I have joined late, why did I come down for this session. Let me stay at home only. People were also not bothering for an introduction. But may be that’s how it is. With the days to come, I will soon get over this and will start knowing everyone. We started with the dance preparation, it was okay and we finalized on first 3-4 steps. There were people who knew dandiya and were teaching others. The group on the whole is good and very enthusiastic. Lately towards the end, S came to me and asked me if I am the new spouse who was to join. I became so delighted and thought oh good koi to hai who knows and cares. Waisae to P was also showing a lot of concern. I really thank / appreciate S’s gesture. All the people here are nice and good in their own ways. I got to know that S2 (I m naming her S2 to avoid confusion) is our President and R – Vice President. K also showed the treasurer but you know, I am not so good and remembering names soon.
At the end of the day, I realized that may be the coming days are gonna be really hectic, going back from office, cooking, gym, dance classes and the novel which I have started reading (Prodigal Daughter). Cool!! I like it.

Looking forward to the SFA picnic due this weekend & dandiya preparations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home